Sue doesn't want to leave the Street. Connie tells Harry that they could move in with her mother until they find somewhere else. Brian's neighbour, Ernie Ratcliffe, complains about the breakdown truck being parked outside the house. Frank Mills moves his stuff from Blackpool to the Rovers. Connie refuses to spend another night in the house. Harry worries that she's heading for a breakdown. Rita is the last customer in the Corner Shop before Alf closes for modernisation. The Claytons pack and leave the Street. Terry gets drunk and hammers on the Claytons' door before walking out of the Street himself.
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Connie Clayton - Susan Brown
- Andrea Clayton - Caroline O'Neill
- Harry Clayton - Johnny Leeze
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Sue Clayton - Jane Hazlegrove
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- Hammond Road
- 33 Hammond Road - Living room
- Final appearance of Jane Hazlegrove as Sue Clayton.
- Last appearance of Caroline O'Neill as Andrea Clayton until 26th November 2000.
- TV Times synopsis: Trouble over the garden fence for Brian and Gail. For Connie Clayton, too, 'neighbours' is a nasty word.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,050,000 viewers (4th place). This was the first week in which both episodes of Coronation Street gained lower ratings than an episode of EastEnders although the BARB figures combined the audiences of both the mid-week and Sunday omnibus of the episodes to produce one figure.
|August 1985 episodes|
|← Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th
Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th →