The Rovers' till is a fiver light. Hilda tells Alf that she'll sell to him for £14,000. Andrea gets her exam results: two 'B's and a 'C', it means she can go to Sheffield. Wilf Starkey thinks that Bet suspects him of stealing from the till. Alf realises Hilda isn't happy about the move and worries about it. Wilf accuses Bet of wanting an excuse to get rid of him. He resigns; there's nothing for him in the Rovers any more. Bet accepts his resignation. Terry demands his rights as a father from Andrea. He offers her marriage, she tells him that it wouldn't work.
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Andrea Clayton - Caroline O'Neill
- Connie Clayton - Susan Brown
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Sue Clayton - Jane Hazlegrove
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Harry Clayton - Johnny Leeze
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and back room
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Final appearance of Jim Bywater as Wilf Starkey.
- TV Times synopsis: Cause for concern when money goes missing from the Rovers' till. And more tension in the Claytons' house as Andrea awaits the results of her A-levels.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,650,000 viewers (1st place).
|August 1985 episodes|
|← Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th
Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th →