Gordon Lewis thinks it's a joke that Bet has applied for the manager's job. Vera orders Jack to find a Christmas tree. Tony Cunliffe talks Rita into coming out with him for a drink. Percy takes possession of a huge Christmas tree for a children's party at the Community Centre. Bill hears from Elaine that she's found a salon. Curly starts a petition to the brewery, backing Bet. Bill doesn't want his family breaking up but Kevin still refuses to leave Weatherfield. Percy is disgusted that someone cut the top off his Christmas tree, Vera realises that Jack is the culprit. Hilda leads the Rovers' regulars in singing Silent Night.
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Bill Webster - Peter Armitage
- Debbie Webster - Sue Devaney
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- TV Times synopsis: It's Christmas Eve: Vera Duckworth gets the tree she wanted and Rita Fairclough is delighted to receive an unexpected visitor.
- The closing credits play over the Rovers' staff and patrons singing Silent Night, which the closing theme tune omitted.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,400,000 viewers (5th place).
Bet Lynch: "How are you Hilda, love?"
Hilda Ogden: "Oh, I'm alright. It's galloping Gordon 'int it? (quoting) "I want this place shining like a new shoe today, Mrs Ogden. I want it to stand out round 'ere like the Taj Mallett"... whatever that might be."
|December 1984 episodes|
|← Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th
Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st →