Billy plans a new life in Jersey. Vera and Terry club together to get the £100 to buy Stan's round for Jack. Hilda hears from Eddie that the Yeatses moved house and he didn't learn about Stan's death until after the funeral. Bill suggests to Elaine that they go away together. Vera buys the window round off Hilda when she hears that Curly is interested in it. Jack is horrified. Kevin isn't keen on Bill's relationship with Elaine, seeing her as a threat to the family. Billy leaves Weatherfield for Jersey. He is quite sad to leave the Rovers. Jack doesn't like the thought of wandering the streets in the cold but Vera and Terry celebrate getting Jack off their backs. Sarah Ridley tells Betty and Bet that old enemy Gordon Lewis is taking over permanently.
- Bill Webster - Peter Armitage
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Debbie Webster - Sue Devaney
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Coronation Street - Ginnel
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Yard
- Corner Shop
- Final appearance of Kenneth Farrington as Billy Walker.
- TV Times synopsis: Bet Lynch and Betty Turpin have never found life pleasant with Billy Walker - but the future looks even bleaker. Sad memories for widow Hilda Ogden when she parts with some of Stan's old possessions, but why should this upset Jack Duckworth?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 19,250,000 viewers (1st place).
|December 1984 episodes|
|← Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th
Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st →