Jack hires a market stall for £5 a week. Sally calls on Deirdre to make her see that she's not been to bed with Ken. Sally tells her all that happened was Ken kissed her. Deirdre is shocked. Sally accuses Deirdre of willing herself to believe Ken was unfaithful. Jack finds he can't sell the shirts. Fred fears he'll lose his money. Retailer Frank Tyler likes the look of Jack's shirts and buys the lot for £4 each and wants another load. Audrey tells Brian that she's finished with George Hepworth because of his interest in young girls, like Gail. Jack leads Tyler to believe the shirts are made at Baldwin's. He passes Fred off as Mr Baldwin. Ken can't believe Sally told Deirdre that he made advances towards her. Tony Cunliffe takes Bet out to the pictures. Gail tells Brian that George made a pass at her.
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Bill Webster - Peter Armitage
- Audrey Potter - Sue Nicholls
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Joe Schofield - Ron Donachie
- Sally Waterman - Vikki Chambers
- Sgt. Tony Cunliffe - Jack Carr
- Frank Tyler - Peter Childs
- Carpet Trader - Ray Burnside
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room
- Weatherfield Market
- Weatherfield Recorder - Office
- First appearance of Shirley Armitage since 25th July 1984.
- First appearance of Ida Clough since 25th July 1984.
- First appearance of Audrey Potter since 18th July 1984.
- TV Times synopsis: Deirdre Barlow finally learns what went on between husband Ken and his secretary. Shirt 'tycoons' Jack Duckworth and Fred Gee take advantage of Mike Baldwin's absence.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,658,000 viewers (1st place).
|October 1984 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st