Hilda realises that Stan hasn't worked since December and won't draw his pension until May. She insists that the £200 is invested as their housekeeping. Gail contemplates sending Nicky to a private school to give him a better chance in life. Fred cuts the price of the pies but the customers still complain about their taste. Stan takes Hilda's cash card and uses it to withdraw money from the bank. Rita tells Mr Heslop that she is not buying the car and has stopped the cheque. He threatens her with the police but Brian tells him that the car is a wreck and crooked and throws him out of The Kabin. Rita is grateful for his help. Ken and Sally Waterman taste the fayre at the Rovers. Stan passes off his money as winnings from the horses. Fred is suddenly doubled up with pain.
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- Queens Shopping Precinct
- TV Times synopsis: Hilda Ogden thinks husband Stan's compensation is safely tucked away - but he devises a way of getting at it. Brian Tilsley steps in to rescue Rita Fairclough from con man 'Sharky' Heslop.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,524,000 viewers (2nd place).
|February 1984 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|