Mike is puzzled by Don Watkins' figures about the club, it seems that business is bad. Fred starts to sell raffle tickets at £1 each. The hospital in Southport contacts Ivy and tells her that Bert is dying. She rushes to be with him. Gail tries to contact Brian but he's on a job. Brian returns from attending to an accident - he rushes to the hospital on hearing the news. Watkins' girlfriend, Judi Spencer, tells Mike that he's got a cabin cruiser at Abersoch. Ivy is with Bert when he dies. Brian arrives to comfort her and takes her home.
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Corner Shop
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- Graffiti Club
- Unnamed hospital, Southport - Relatives' room and corridor
- The end credits to this episode were played with no theme music over a shot of Ivy and Brian walking down a dark corridor in the hospital, and then the screen fades to black after they leave.
- TV Times synopsis: Ivy Tilsley gets bad news about husband Bert, and dashes to see him. Takings are down at the Graffiti Club - but Mike Baldwin hears manager Don Watkins has plenty to spend.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,416,000 viewers (2nd place).
|January 1984 episodes|
|← Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th
Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th →