The residents hear of Elsie's moonlight flit. Fred sets about selling the Rover as he can't afford to run it. The Tilsleys persuade Ivy to have a night out at bingo. Fred is upset when no one wants to buy the Rover. Brian offers him £60 for scrap. The insurance on the Rover is worth more than the car. Hilda arranges to take a photograph of the offending pavement to take to the Town Hall. Ken agrees to run a piece on Stan's toe. At bingo, Ivy runs into newly-widowed Arthur Whittaker. Hilda refuses to allow Stan out of the house until she gets compensation. Ivy wins £20 at bingo. Arthur walks her home so she isn't mugged. Jack agrees to "steal" the Rover so Fred can claim on the insurance. Jack's cut will be 25% of the £600. Fred agrees.
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Weatherfield Bingo and Social Club
- TV Times synopsis: Hilda Ogden fights to rally support in her campaign for husband Stan. Fred Gee tries to sell his Rover when he finds he can't afford to run it.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,903,000 viewers (2nd place).
|January 1984 episodes|
|← Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th
Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th →