Hilda invites Trevor and family to her party. Eddie sorts out a transfer to Bury bins. Hilda hires the Select for her party, loving the idea of having the staff waiting on her. Mike finds Don Watkins isn't pulling his weight. Eddie tells Marion they'll have to move on Wednesday as that's when his transfer takes place. Mike rows at Ivy for the way she lets the machinists take liberties. He accuses her of running the factory like a playgroup. Hilda is upset when Trevor says he's got a prior engagement. Ivy has enough of Mike taking his troubles out on her and tells him that she's had enough. She resigns as supervisor and says she'll go back on the machines.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Marion Yeats - Veronica Doran
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Select
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- The Kabin
- TV Times synopsis: Mike Baldwin harasses Ivy Tilsley about discipline for the factory girls - and she resigns as supervisor. Hilda Ogden hires her own boss, Annie Walker, to cater for the ruby wedding 'do'.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,825,000 viewers (3rd place).
(As Hilda Ogden sings "We've Been Together Now")
Fred Gee: "Hilda! Will you stop makin' that row! Like a lump o' coke stuck under the back gate!"
Bet Lynch: "Leave her be, Fred. She's happy."
Fred Gee: "Happy? What right has she to be happy?"
Bet Lynch: "She's been wed to Stanley for forty years, and she's still outside the looney bin."
Fred Gee: "Huh. Only just!"
Bet Lynch: "Wed to Stan, forty years, an 'im about as much use and comfort to 'er as a gumboil. An' she's singin'!" (shouting) "Hilda, belt up, chuck, there's a good 'un!"
|December 1983 episodes|
|← Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th
Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th →