Hilda realises that it's forty years since she met Stan and their wedding anniversary is next week. Percy is interested to discover Mavis has a female budgie. He tells her that his budgie is called Randy and he wants them to meet. The Ogdens go for Stan's birth certificate so he can get a passport for a holiday. Hilda uses her cash card for the first time. She is annoyed to discover that Stan knows her secret number: 5331. Eddie looks over a semi on Mere Avenue. Stan's birth certificate shows that he was born in 1919, making him sixty-four instead of sixty-one. He is shocked but delighted to discover he'll get his pension and bus pass next year. Mavis is upset that Percy wants to mate Randy and Harriet. Marion tells Eddie they should move to Bury to look after Winifred.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Marion Yeats - Veronica Doran
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- The Kabin
- The Kabin flat - Living room/kitchen
- Queens Shopping Precinct
- TV Times synopsis: Hilda Ogden realises her ruby wedding anniversary is approaching - and makes an odd discovery about husband Stan. Percy Sugden angles for an invitation from Mavis Riley, and they introduce their budgies to each other.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,908,000 viewers (3rd place).
|November 1983 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|