Brian is embarrassed when Bert sends him £10 for his birthday. Jack threatens Terry with violence if he goes on about him working late in the cab. The vicar at All Saints Church agrees to marry Eddie and Marion. On discovering Eddie is a bin man, Reverend Nuttall asks him to remove an old mattress. Winifred Willis is furious to discover Eddie has booked the Rovers for the reception. She tells him that she refuses to let it happen. Eddie tells her that he's had enough of her moaning; it's their wedding. She respects him for standing up to her. Alf's car breaks down in Radcliffe. Hitchhiker Kevin Webster repairs it on the spot so Alf gives him a lift back. He encourages him to ask Brian for a job. Brian agrees to interview him. Eddie doesn't know who to ask to be his best man. Terry and Vera are annoyed when Jack can't afford all his mortgage money. Terry has to sub him and threatens to leave home if Jack is short again.
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Marion Willis - Veronica Doran
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- The Kabin
- All Saints Church - Interior and exterior
- Outwood Road, Radcliffe
- First appearance of Kevin Webster.
- Alf Roberts tells Kevin Webster that Tilsley's Garage is located on Canal Street, instead of the previously established Albert Street.
- TV Times synopsis: There's trouble at the Duckworths' - and son Terry threatens to leave home. Mrs Willis is all set to make the wedding arrangements, so she's far from pleased to find that Marion and Eddie have done it themselves.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,051,000 viewers (1st place).
|October 1983 episodes|
|← Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th
Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st →