Fred is furious to discover that Annie had an invite to the Graffiti Club. When a cleaner doesn't turn up at the club, Hilda steps in, although she's worn out from her other jobs. The auctioneers clear No.9 of Chalkie's furniture - including the Duckworths'. Vera is horrified and fights the men for her furniture. Hilda tries on a fur coat left in the cloakroom. The estate agent is called to sort out the hassle over No.9. He makes Jack take the Duckworths' furniture out of the house. Vera tries to make off with some of Chalkie's furniture but Jack lets her down. Ivy refuses to let them store the stuff at No.5. When Vera pleads with him, Mike lets her store the furniture in the loading bay. Brian works late at the garage. He tells Gail that he's had enough and is going to sell up.
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Marion Willis - Veronica Doran
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room
- Graffiti Club
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room and kitchen
- Clive Russell makes a pre-Phil Nail appearance as Frank.
- TV Times synopsis: The auctioneer's men turn up to take away Chalkie Whitely's furniture, but why does trouble break out? Brian Tilsley decides on drastic measures to solve his financial problems.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,804,000 viewers (1st place).
|September 1983 episodes|
|← Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th
Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th →