Bet refuses to give Des Foster up. Bert is frustrated when Ivy mollycoddles him. Hilda delivers a letter back to Kitty Earnshaw who calls at No.13 and tells her that she cried over her letter. Hilda offers her a chat. Des tells Bet he'll set her up in a flat in Jubilee Gardens. She asks if she'll always be his bit on the side or if he'll leave his wife for her. He tells her that it would be too complicated to leave Edith so Bet tells him to get lost; she's not being a tart forever. Mrs Earnshaw tells Hilda that her TV has been repossessed and that she is in bad health. She's grateful to Hilda for listening to her woes. Hilda feels sorry for her and gives her £5 to treat herself with. Alf is relieved that Bet has split with Des. He tells her she deserves someone better. Bert disappears from the house whilst babysitting with Nicky. Ivy doesn't know where he could be.
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop - Shop and back room
- Unknown street
- Final appearance of Peter Dudley as Bert Tilsley.
- TV Times synopsis: Bet Lynch must decide about her future with Des Foster. Hilda Ogden receives a visitor who claims to be worse off than she is.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,050,000 viewers (2nd place).
|July 1983 episodes|
|← Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th
Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th →