Bet fears a boring bank holiday. Fred tries to get Brian to hurry up repairing the Rover's brakes so he can take Bet out for the day. Hilda visits Archie who is taken ill. Marion looks after Stan and Eddie. Bet worries about being alone in the country with Fred so takes Betty along for protection. Elsie tries to bring Suzie out of herself and takes her shopping. Gail lets Fred take the Rover not realising Brian hasn't finished working on it. Fred takes Bet and Betty to Lyme Park. He tries to get Bet on her own but she sticks close to Betty. Terry Goodwin breaks into No.11 and waits for Suzie. Packing up the Rover at the end of the day, Fred slams the boot shut. The car, with Bet and Betty in rolls down a hill. Bet pulls on the handbrake but it comes off in her hand. The car ends up in a lake with the two women still in it.
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Marion Willis - Veronica Doran
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Tilsley's Garage
- Lyme Park
- Terence Hillyer makes a pre-Sean Skinner appearance as Terry Goodwin.
- TV Times synopsis: Elsie Tanner sends Suzie Birchall's husband packing. Fred Gee takes Bet Lynch and Betty Turpin out in his Rover for a picnic.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,700,000 viewers (2nd place).
- This episode was included on the Granada and Windsong Video Coronation Street 1983 released on 5th November 1990.
|May 1983 episodes|
|← Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th
Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th →