Suzie tells Elsie that Terry Goodwin has a violent temper and used to beat her up. Elsie doesn't believe her. Terry tells Elsie he loves Suzie. He admits to being depressed over losing his job but now has a new one. He wants Suzie back. He swears that he never laid a hand on Suzie. The council passes the disco. Mike celebrates. Elsie urges Suzie to stand by her marriage vows. Ken is furious that he's lost the disco battle. Eddie offers to scrub the graffiti off the disco walls for Mike and that gives him the idea of calling the disco the "Graffiti Club". Elsie leaves Suzie with Terry and tells them to make up their differences. Terry asks Suzie to return to him. She tells him that their marriage was a mistake. Later, Elsie returns home to find Suzie with a bruised face. She comforts her.
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Marion Willis - Veronica Doran
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Roy Valentine - Tony Marshall
- Terry Goodwin - Terence Hillyer
- Alec Yardley - Harry Beety (Credited as "Alan Yardley")
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Rosamund Street
- Builder's Yard
- Terence Hillyer makes a pre-Sean Skinner appearance as Terry Goodwin.
- TV Times synopsis: Elsie persuades Suzie to talk things over with the man who has traced her from London - and Suzie gets more than she bargained for. The council makes a decision over the new disco.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,600,000 viewers (1st place).
|April 1983 episodes|
|← Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th
Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th →