Roy Valentine starts at the yard. Suzie hears from her London flatmate that someone called Terry has her address. She packs and tells Elsie that she's moving on. She tells Elsie that Terry is a bloke she's trying to run away from. She tells Elsie she's frightened of him. Len realises he's forgotten his wedding anniversary. Elsie and Marion promise Suzie they won't let Terry get near her. She agrees to see what happens. Len gives Rita a gold necklace for their anniversary. She takes him out for a special meal. Terry Goodwin arrives at No.11. Elsie tells him that Suzie doesn't want to see him but lets him wait for her. Terry stuns Elsie by telling her that Suzie is his wife. Suzie is horrified to see him and refuses to talk to him.
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Marion Willis - Veronica Doran
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Builder's Yard - Office and yard
- Terence Hillyer makes a pre-Sean Skinner appearance as Terry Goodwin.
- A scene between Len and Rita Fairclough in this episode is used as a background soundtrack to the final scene of Episode 2368 (12th December 1983) when Rita sits alone in the Builder's Yard the day after Len's death and reminisces over their time together.
- TV Times synopsis: A phone call from London alerts Suzie that a certain man is on her tracks. And there's trouble in the Street because of the anti-disco meeting.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,550,000 viewers (2nd place).
|April 1983 episodes|
|← Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th
Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th →