Ken sleeps on the sofa. When Albert finds him there in the morning he realises something is wrong but Ken tells him to mind his own business. Ken gets Albert out of the house before laying into Deirdre. Deirdre apologises for hurting Ken but he tells her it's too late for her to be sorry. Suzie starts doing more work than usual as Annie returns from visiting Joan. Fred is annoyed as Annie still treats the Rover as if it was hers. Ken wants to know Deirdre's plans and accuses her of being selfish. She accuses him of never wanting her, just someone to clean up after him. Albert feels in the way at No.1 as the Barlows row. Deirdre accuses Ken of tolerating her and it feels as if they've been married for twenty years. Mike calls on Deirdre. She tells him Ken knows, she has to stop Ken from hitting Mike whilst he drags her away from Mike, nearly hitting her in the process. Fred tackles Annie for petrol money but she ignores him. Ken calls Deirdre calculating and tells her she's killed their marriage; she must pack and get out.
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Baldwin's Casuals - Wages office
- Alf Roberts (Bryan Mosley) and Bert Tilsley (Peter Dudley) are both credited but don't appear.
- TV Times synopsis: Accusations and recriminations in the Barlow household…with Ken finally reaching a shock decision. Stan Ogden is increasingly depressed as he realises the cost of taking an early retirement.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,850,000 viewers (2nd place).
- This episode was given a special repeat on ITV1 at 4.30pm on 11th April 2006 as the channel marked the departure of Mike Baldwin from the series with a trio of programmes. The Baldwin Family Album was shown in the same timeslot on 10th April, while Episode 5058 (17th June 2001) was screened on 12th April.
- This episode was included on the following commercial releases:
|February 1983 episodes|
|← Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Wed 16th
Thu 17th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th →