Mike tries to keep Deirdre with him for as long as possible. Betty is upset when drunken Fred tells her that she's got a fat backside. She goes home in a huff. Deirdre returns home in the early hours. She enjoyed talking to Mike. He admits that he misses Maggie and still hurts. Jack gatecrashes the Rovers' party and plays the piano, disturbing Annie. The next morning, Betty and Fred refuse to speak to each other. Betty points out that she's always having to help him out of scrapes. Fred throws Gordon Clegg's illegitimacy in her face. She is horrified to find that Bet told Fred about Ted Farrell and resigns from the Rovers.
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, back room and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room and kitchen
- TV Times synopsis: The Rovers staff party 'hots up' - home truths fly and then a gatecrasher arrives.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,850,000 viewers (4th place).
|January 1983 episodes|
|← Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th
Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st →