Customers pull out of the garage because of Mr McKellar's notice. Mike thinks that Maggie would feel better if they were married so he proposes to her. Brian takes the notice down. Frank Skinner tells him that he's being too soft with McKellar. Annie is intrigued to see Fred with the posh Mrs Chadwick. She tells Fred it's obvious that they're having an affair and advises him to finish with her. She gives him the lighter to give to Mrs Chadwick and Fred agrees to finish his "affair". Brian tells McKellar that he got the job he paid for and tells him to remove the car. McKellar tells him that he's a con man. Gail is upset to see Brian bullying McKellar. Maggie tells Mike that she can't marry him; she doesn't love him. He accuses her of using him. She leaves the flat when he insists that she keeps the baby.
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Maggie Dunlop - Jill Kerman
- Mrs Chadwick - Sue Johnston
- Mr McKellar - Alan Hulse
- Frank Skinner - William Maxwell
- Pauline Stokes - Wendy Votel
- Man - Claude Powell
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, Select, back room and hallway
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room and kitchen
- Sykes and Tilsley's Garage
- Sue Johnston makes a pre-Gloria Price appearance as Mrs Chadwick.
- TV Times synopsis: What will Maggie Dunlop say to Mike Baldwin's proposal? Can Brian Tilsley get an awkward customer off his back?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 11,450,000 viewers (3rd place).
|September 1982 episodes|
|← Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th
Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th →