Mavis nurses the egg and watches it, waiting for it to hatch. Gail looks over the garage. She thinks that it's a dump and isn't keen to put all their money into it. Fred offers Sammy Chadwick weekly instalments but Sammy demands payment in full as he needs to get a hire car for his wife. Mavis carries the egg around in her bra to keep it warm. She calls in the RSPCA. As Annie is going away for a few days, Fred hires the Rover out to Sammy for the week to wipe off his debt. The RSPCA man, Jack Walsh, tells Mavis that the egg won't hatch but offers to supply a cock bird for her to mate Harriet with. Mavis refuses, worried that Harriet won't like him. Brian and Gail decide to take a chance on the garage. They start advertising Sykes and Tilsley's Garage. Annie shocks Fred by telling him that she wants to take the Rover away with her. He tells her that the brakes are pulling. She is convinced to take the coach. Fred hands the Rover over to Sammy.
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and hallway
- Rosamund Street
- The Kabin
- The Kabin flat - Living room/kitchen
- Sykes and Tilsley's Garage
- TV Times synopsis: Fred Gee takes desperate measures to clear his debts.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 10,950,000 viewers (2nd place). This was the lowest rated episode of the year.
|August 1982 episodes|
|← Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th
Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th →