Rita reluctantly shows the Slaters around No.7 and they have a survey carried out. Fred is annoyed when Annie refuses to let him go to the bookies. Ivy is shocked to find Brian's still in England. She is thrilled that he's staying. Fred gives Mavis £15 and instructions to put a bet on. Ron Sykes is furious when Brian tells him that he's not returning. Chalkie is horrified to hear No.9 is no longer for sale. He accuses Len of taking him for a ride. Maggie moves into Mike's flat. Mr. Slater's surveyor down values the house to £12,250. Len refuses to lower the price of the house so Slater withdraws from the sale. Fred's horse loses. Ron tells Brian that he's signed a contract for work and the employers aren't going to be pleased. Ron knows he's going to be blamed and tells Brian to return to Qatar.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Sharon Gaskell - Tracie Bennett
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Chalkie Whitely - Teddy Turner
- Maggie Dunlop - Jill Kerman
- Ron Sykes - Bobby Knutt
- Mr. Slater - Johnny Leeze
- Mrs. Slater - Maggie Lane
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 7 Coronation Street - Living room and kitchen
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room and kitchen
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room and kitchen
- Johnny Leeze makes a pre-Harry Clayton appearance as Mr. Slater.
- This episode marks the first appearance of the interior of 7 Coronation Street since Episode 383 (12th August 1964). The front of the property collapsed in Episode 492 (30th August 1965) and its subsequent re-building took seventeen years to achieve. In the interim, there was a gap in the middle of the Coronation Street terrace filled with a bench until Len Fairclough bought the land and rebuilt the property.
- TV Times synopsis: Ron Sykes hands out an ultimatum to Brian Tilsley about his job in Qatar. Len Fairclough has problems on the house-selling front.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 11,600,000 viewers (2nd place).
|July 1982 episodes|
|← Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th
Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th →