Hilda tells Stan that she wants the outside of No.13 repainted and gives him money to buy a bright colour. Lorry driver Les Charlton fancies Gail but is too shy to flirt with her. Eddie tells Stan that he'll get the paint for free from the tip. Gail is upset that Brian has decided to stay in Qatar for another two months. She feels that he doesn't want to come home. Eddie and Stan mix all the different coloured paints together. Betty is shocked when old flame Ted Farrell turns up after thirty-five years - he is the father of Gordon Clegg. She never thought that she'd see him again. Gail employs Jill Mason as a childminder whilst Jackie Moffatt is away. Ted tells Betty that he read about her attack whilst visiting his sister. He tries to explain why he never returned to her after the War. She can't bring herself to tell him that he has a son. Hilda approves of Eddie and Stan's "Jamaican Sun" paint. Les invites Gail out for a drink. She agrees, deciding to have some fun. Betty tells Annie that she doesn't know if she should tell Ted about Gordon.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Smithy - Philip Jackson
- Les Charlton - Graham Fellows
- Ted Farrell - Gerald Sim
- Jill Mason - Lesley Manville
- Coronation Street - Main street view, yards and ginnel
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Jim's Cafe
- 37 Hillside Crescent - Living room
- This episode was transmitted at 7.00pm due to coverage of the World Cup.
- TV Times synopsis: A man from the past turns up in the Street looking for a certain lady - which one and what is her secret? A decision by Brian Tilsley gives rise to a quarrel between his mother Ivy and wife Gail.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,850,000 viewers (1st place).
|June 1982 episodes|
|← Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th
Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th →