Fred warns Annie that the Rover won't pass its MOT. Bet begs Alf to take her in. The Faircloughs tell Don Worthington that they'd like to foster Sharon long-term. Don isn't convinced it would be in Sharon's best interests to be with them. He accuses Sharon of forcing the Faircloughs to take her in and asks her to reconsider. Bet wins Alf round with emotional blackmail however, he refuses to charge her rent as she won't be staying for long. Len tells Sharon that they really want her to stay. Ken is amazed when Albert encourages him to have another child. Don doesn't want the Faircloughs to have Sharon long-term as he doesn't feel they're up to it. Rita tells him that Sharon has brought their parental feelings up and they all want to be together. Bet moves into the shop flat. Worthington agrees to let Sharon stay with the Faircloughs as she's nearly eighteen. He tells them all that they can never go back on the decision.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Sharon Gaskell - Tracie Bennett
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Builder's Yard - Office and yard
- Brian Capron makes one of several appearances as Donald Worthington, several years before appearing in his better-known role of Richard Hillman.
- TV Times synopsis: Bet Lynch makes a discovery that may make Alf Roberts change his mind about giving her a home. Will the social services officer allow Sharon Gaskell to stay with Len and Rita Fairclough?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,800,000 viewers (1st place).
|June 1982 episodes|
|← Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th
Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th →