Alma Sedgewick looks for an assistant in the cafe again. Marion cooks for Eddie and Stan as Hilda is away. Jack is pleased to spend the day with Bet, having her pamper him. Bet tells Jack that she's tired of just seeing him in her flat and wants him to take her out or she wants them to finish. Gail decides to lower her standards and asks Alma for her job back. Alma is delighted but Gail refuses to start work until the terms are favourable. Jack tells Vera that he's going to the Legion with Bert. Vera asks Bet to be her alibi for the night as she's going out with Vic. Eddie tries to tell Marion that he loves her but can't put it into words. Jack takes Bet to a pub in Stockport and tells her that he really fancies her and wants to spend more time with her.
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Marion Willis - Veronica Doran
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie (Credited as "Alma Sedgwick")
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Jim's Cafe
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room and kitchen
- Ludlow Avenue - Bedsit
- Unnamed pub in Stockport
- First appearance of Alma Sedgewick since 1st July 1981.
- TV Times synopsis: Bet Lynch gives Jack Duckworth an ultimatum - if he doesn't take her out, their relationship is over. Stan Ogden and Eddie Yeats acquire a 'housekeeper'. But will she coddle them or keep them in order?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,150,000 viewers (5th place).
|April 1982 episodes|
|← Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th
Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th →