Mike finds a letter to Eddie amongst his mail. He realises that Eddie has been using his flat as a love nest. He tackles Hilda but she swears she hasn't helped Eddie. Don Worthington asks Rita to take in a sixteen-year old girl for a few days. She agrees as it's an emergency and Sharon Gaskell moves in. Mike tackles Eddie and he tells Mike about his copied key. Mike threatens to bring the police in. Eddie tells him that he's got nothing to offer a woman and used the flat to impress Marion. Mike agrees not to tell the police, feeling sorry for him. Eddie asks Mike if he could tell Marion the truth in the flat, Mike admires his cheek and agrees. Jackie Moffatt and Gail go out for the evening while Jackie's husband Geoff babysits. Len finds Sharon at No.9 who introduces herself as his new foster daughter. Sharon enjoys having a room of her own; Len enjoys Sharon's spirit. Ivy calls on Gail to find Geoff babysitting. She is put out that Gail is on the town.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Sharon Gaskell - Tracie Bennett
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Jackie Moffatt - Jacqueline Tong
- Donald Worthington - Brian Capron
- Wilf Stockwell - Terence Longdon
- Lucy Moffatt - Emma Louise Field
- Geoff Moffatt - Stephen Mallatratt
- Coronation Street - Ginnel
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Yard
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room and kitchen
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room, kitchen and hallway
- First appearance of Sharon Gaskell.
- Brian Capron makes one of several appearances as Donald Worthington, several years before appearing in his better-known role of Richard Hillman.
- TV Times synopsis: What will Len Fairclough say when he learns wife Rita has taken in a lodger?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,150,000 viewers (1st place).
|March 1982 episodes|
|← Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th
Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st →