The factory girls grill Elsie about her night out. She swears nothing happened between Wilf Stockwell and her. Vera wants to tell Frankie that Sylvie went out with Mike but Elsie warns her off. Frankie tells Mike the taxman wants £500 off him. Mike refuses to give him any money. Frankie hears that Mike and Sylvie spent the evening together. He is upset that they didn't tell him. They assure him it was an innocent evening. Deirdre urges Emily to spend the money and forget it. Ken tells her that he needs a trampoline for the kids at the Community Centre. She thinks it's a brilliant idea. Wilf takes Elsie to the Rovers. Mike tells her to keep away from Wilf as his wife could cause trouble but Elsie refuses to listen - she likes Wilf.
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room, kitchen and hallway
- Hicks residence - Hallway
- This was the last appearance of Sam Kydd as Frankie Baldwin. He was due to appear in the following episode (and possibly others) but he fell ill immediately after recording this episode. The illness led to his eventual death on 26th March 1982.
- This was the first episode broadcast by Central Television, Television South and Television South West after they took over the Midlands, South and South West ITV franchises from ATV, Southern Television and Westward Television respectively.
- TV Times synopsis: Elsie Tanner continues her relationship with Wilf Stockwell
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,800,000 viewers (6th place).
|January 1982 episodes|
|← Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th
Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th →