Stan and Hilda are tempted by the £8,000 but realise they need a house. They decide to try for a council house. Fred is forced to tell Ken that Eunice has left him. Mavis waits for Bobby Simpson to contact her. Stan offers Alf money to secure a council house for them. Alf throws him out. Stan goes to the Town Hall and is allocated a three-bedroom house on Lime Kiln Road for £10 a week. Elsie tells Hilda that the road is in a rough area and she returns the Bells' cheque, deciding not to sell. Betty urges Fred to fight for his marriage.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Community Centre flat - Living room
- The Kabin
- Mike Baldwin (Johnny Briggs) is credited but doesn't appear.
- TV Times synopsis: Hilda and Stan get the chance of a council house.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 18,050,000 viewers (1st place).
Elsie Tanner (to Hilda Ogden): "Lime Kiln Road! Have you seen it lately? They've pulled down decent houses and built a slum. Even the muggers go in twos. If you get bit by a budgie you have to go to the vet to be injected for rabies."
|December 1981 episodes|
|← Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th
Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th →