Eunice is upset by Fred and Debbie's constant rowing. Ben Critchley forgets all about the complaint when he sees Eunice. He makes her feel uneasy. Audrey tries to avoid being alone with Alf. Ivy and Bert are upset that Len has bought the land space of No.7 and is building a new house as they had plans to buy it themselves but didn't have the money. Alf closes the shop and offers Audrey a future there as his wife. She tells him that she doesn't want to be tied down at the moment and turns him down. He feels dejected. Critchley tells Eunice that he doesn't want to upset her. Debbie decides she's bored in the Street and decides to return to her dad. Audrey resigns from the shop and contacts Tony Ditchburn who agrees to take her back. Critchley feels that Alf had no right to give the Gees the Community Centre and decides to bring them up at the committee meeting.
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Audrey Potter - Sue Nicholls
- Eunice Gee - Meg Johnson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop - Shop and back room
- Community Centre flat - Living room
- Last appearance of Audrey Potter until 5th April 1982.
- TV Times synopsis: Will Audrey Potter accept Alf Robert's marriage proposal? Councillor Critchley reveals that Fred and Eunice Gee have to quit the Community Centre flat and job.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,550,000 viewers (2nd place).
|November 1981 episodes|
|← Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th
Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th →