Audrey goes with Alf to choose a car. Ivy discovers that Vera is spending all day on George Carter's stall and lays into her, telling her that she's meant to be trying to save their jobs. Vera decides to leave the factory to work for George. Annie tells Alf that people are talking about him and Audrey. Alf tells Annie he likes the way that Audrey makes him feel young again. Elsie warns Audrey that Alf could be thinking of a long-term relationship with her. Jack refuses to let Vera work for George. Ronnie Burgess disappears from police custody.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Audrey Potter - Sue Nicholls
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop - Shop and back room
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room
- Weatherfield Market
- The scenes on Weatherfield Market in this and the previous episode were filmed in an ambitious two-day shoot on Stockport Market. According to cameraman Brian Spencer, producer Bill Podmore felt that attempts to complete 41 pages of a shooting script in the time available using "high production-value" techniques with dollies and tracks were a waste of time and unsuited to the programme's needs.
- TV Times synopsis: Will Vera Duckworth accept the offer of a competing trader to join him full-time?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,650,000 viewers (2nd place).
|November 1981 episodes|
|← Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th
Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th →