Hilda doesn't switch off Mike's burglar alarm at his flat in time before it goes off and the siren alerts the police. She is questioned by P.C. Reed who recognises her as Eddie's landlady and calls Mike in to identify her. She is relieved when Mike laughs it off. Vera tells Hilda that Stan gave the right answers in the quiz; she is useless and he is worthless. They argue in the Street about Jack's answers about his other women. Vera turns on Jack and he tells her to get lost once and for all. Vera agrees to stay away from him and persuades Elsie to take her in for the night. Tom Elliott gets Bert to confirm he decorated No.1 for £30 before telling him that he's from the DOS and he's being investigated for having illicit earnings.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room, kitchen and hallway
- Unknown street in Weatherfield
- Last appearance of Jack Duckworth until 12th April 1982.
- TV Times synopsis: Why are the police taking so much interest in Hilda Ogden's new job? A stranger calls with a shock for Ivy and Bert Tilsley.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,900,000 viewers (4th place).
|September 1981 episodes|
|← Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th
Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th →