Bet and Betty are amazed to discover that Fred has got a girlfriend. Rita gets a singing job in Eccles. Sonia Price thinks that Ken loves Deirdre. He assures her that Deirdre's in the past as far as he's concerned. Len agrees to Mavis going on holiday. Vera and Ida measure Mike's flat up for curtains. Rita refuses to do the early papers in Mavis's absence as she's singing - Len will have to do them. Emily puts an advert in the paper saying that she's changing her name back to Bishop. Mavis and Emily decide to go to Malta. Bet tricks Fred into telling her that his girlfriend is called Eunice Nuttall. At Mike's flat, Vera reads a letter saying Mike owes £1,300. Mike tells her that the letter is for Mr Shuttleworth, the former occupant. Mavis and Emily book for the next day for two weeks in Malta. Deirdre is jealous that Ken is taking Sonia out. Rita tells Len he has to do the papers at 6.00am. Fred tells Bet and Betty that he'll bring Eunice into the pub to stop them joking about her.
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Community Centre - Office
- Viaduct Street
- The Kabin
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room and kitchen
- Last appearance of Ida Clough until 13th July 1981.
- TV Times synopsis: Len Fairclough is talked into agreeing to Mavis Riley's holiday - then realises he's been left with the "dawn shift" at the Kabin. Spring is in the air and for not-so-young Fred Gee, thoughts seem to be turning in the traditional direction.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 19,000,000 viewers (1st place).
|March 1981 episodes|
|← Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th
Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th →