Len puts a new lock on Emily's door. Rita takes care of Emily and takes her to the police. Sonia takes a fancy to Ken. Emily is upset when the neighbours want to know all the details of Arnold's visit. She feels sorry for Arnold. He phones Emily and asks to meet her at the park. She tells the police and they ask her to act as bait for them to catch Arnold. She feels she is betraying Arnold. Ivy feels sure that Len will keep Bert on at the yard. Bet flirts with Wally Randle but Elsie sees her off. He asks Elsie if he can become her lodger - she refuses. Mike plans a flat-warming and asks Deirdre to organise the food. Emily arrives to see Arnold with the police. Arnold is arrested and taken away.
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Arnold Swain - George Waring
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Nicholas Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Wally Randle - Mark Eden
- Sonia Price - Bridget Brice
- W.P.I. Walters - Ginni Barlow
- P.C. Maskall - Joe Cook
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- Community Centre - Office
- North Cross Park
- Final appearance of George Waring as Arnold Swain.
- Mark Eden makes a pre-Alan Bradley appearance as Wally Randle.
- TV Times synopsis: Will the law catch up with Arnold Swain? Or will he remain lurking in the shadows of Emily Bishop's life? Deirdre Langton, Mike Baldwin, Ken Barlow and new beauty lecturer Sonia Price form an uneasy foursome at the Rovers.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,500,000 viewers (2nd place).
|March 1981 episodes|
|← Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th
Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th →