The paper boys don't turn up at The Kabin. Brian feels pushed out of things by Audrey and Ivy. Bert tells him that Ivy won't stop hanging around until Audrey leaves. Eddie accuses Neil Grimshaw of leaning on the paper boys. Eddie threatens him and tells him to apologise to Mavis. Gail and Brian settle on Daniel for the baby's name. Gail is pleased when Audrey says that she must return to her flat. Neil apologises to Mavis. She takes him back. Elsie agrees to be Daniel's godmother. Ken entertains Deirdre at No.1. He rents a garage in Viaduct Street to keep the car. Ivy is horrified to discover that Elsie is going to be her grandson's godmother.
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Audrey Potter - Sue Nicholls
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Nick Tilsley - Warren Jackson (Credited as "Baby Tilsley")
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- The Kabin
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room
- Michael Le Vell makes a pre-Kevin Webster appearance as Neil Grimshaw.
- TV Times synopsis: Gail Tilsley chooses an unlikely godmother for her baby. Will bossy mother-in-law Ivy approve? Former prisoner Eddie Yeats plays "policeman" for Mavis Riley.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 19,750,000 viewers (2nd place).
|January 1981 episodes|
|← Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th
Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th →