Audrey arrives at Gail's house with her suitcase. Les Boden has thrown her out and she has nowhere to stay and she has given up her job. Gail lets her stay on the sofa. Deirdre panics when Tracy disappears. Ken and Alf search for her. Alf finds her locked in the bathroom. Tracy doesn't like it in there and starts to cry. Albert's old pal from the Somme, Monty Shawcross, visits him. Deirdre reads to Tracy through the keyhole. Alf gets a ladder up to the bathroom window but is too high up for Tracy to pass the key to him. Albert is jealous as Monty is marching with their old regiment to the Cenotaph on Remembrance Sunday. Audrey swears she's never going to get herself in trouble with men again. Tracy lets herself out of the bathroom after Alf has spent an hour trying to climb through the window. Jim Sedgewick decides that he doesn't want a pregnant waitress and tells Gail it's time she left the cafe.
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Audrey Potter - Sue Nicholls
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Coronation Street - Ginnel
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, back room and hallway
- Corner Shop - Shop, landing, bathroom and yard
- Viaduct Street
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room and kitchen
- The Granada Plus repeat of this episode on 3rd October 1996 appears to have been transmitted with no cuts for timing reasons.
- TV Times synopsis: What a calamity - Tracy Langton's locked in the lavatory. Gail Tilsley's mother, Audrey Potter, is looking for somewhere to live. Will Gail and husband Brian come to the rescue?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,900,000 viewers (6th place).
|October 1980 episodes|
|← Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th
Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th →