Ivy uses her machine at the factory to make curtains for Gail in her spare time. Eddie is given a table on his rounds. Arlene Jones realises Fred fancies her and plays him along. Eddie sells the table to Gail and Brian for £5. He feels guilty as they're broke so gives them £2 back. Ivy is forced to tell Mike his machine work is not up to standard. He tells her that he's been waiting for her to spot that - he just wants to keep the girls on their toes. He withdraws from the sewing room and gives the girls overtime. Brian carries Gail over the threshold. Fred gets Arlene to work late "tidying up". The girls finish the big order. Ivy tells Gail the first sensible thing Brian ever did was marry her. Fred is shocked to meet Arlene's husband, Arthur who warns him off her and tells him that Arlene won't be returning.
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- The Kabin
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room
- Unknown street in Weatherfield
- Mrs Stubbs's house - Yard
- A binman working with Eddie Yeats is uncredited, despite a line of dialogue.
- TV Times synopsis: Fun and games at the factory with the newcomer. Brian and Gail Tilsley finally move in to their new home - but they're still short of a bed.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,300,000 viewers (3rd place).
|August 1980 episodes|
|← Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th
Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th →