Gail and Brian move into 5 Buxton Close helped by Brian's friend Andy Rowlands. They haven't a bed and don't know if they can take the one at Ivy's house with them. With Annie and Betty away, Fred is instructed to take on a relief barmaid. The brewery sends Arlene Jones. Fred fancies her. Bet kids her that Fred has something mentally wrong with him. When some machinists fall ill, Mike mans a machine himself to get an important order out - the girls are amazed. The Faircloughs return from a motoring holiday to the news of Renee's death. The Tilsleys have a new sofa delivered. Gail is glad to be away from Ivy. Fred feels certain Arlene fancies him. Bert and Ivy give the bed to Brian and Gail as a housewarming present. Ivy starts to cry at the thought of Brian leaving home.
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- The Kabin
- 5 Buxton Close - Living room and kitchen
- TV Times synopsis: Who's the new recruit joining the factory to help get out a rush order - and why is there such a rumpus? Brian and Gail Tilsley are all set to take possession of their first home. But will all go smoothly?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,500,000 viewers (1st place).
|August 1980 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|