Mavis stays with the Faircloughs. Len puts Eddie to work repairing the ceiling straight away as he wants rid of her. Mavis is jealous that Emily has got a man. Len catches Martin Cheveski climbing over the back wall at No.11. He grabs hold of his leg, thinking he's a thief. He is shocked to discover he is Elsie's grandson. Mavis's twittering gets to Len. Albert takes advantage of Martin and gets him to whitewash his yard. Emily enjoys her social life with Arnold. Martin tells Elsie he's fallen out with his dad and there's nothing for him in Birmingham. He asks Elsie if he can stay with her.
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Martin Cheveski - Jonathan Caplan
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Arnold Swain - George Waring
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson (Uncredited)
- Coronation Street - Main street view and ginnel
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and yard
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and yard
- First appearance of Martin Cheveski.
- TV Times synopsis: There's a big surprise in store for Elsie Tanner. A member of her family pays a visit and asks if he can stay with her. Mavis Riley moves in with the Faircloughs. How will she cope with Len?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,700,000 viewers (2nd place).
|June 1980 episodes|
|← Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th
Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th →