Hilda and Stan stay in bed as the flu bug hits them. Mike and Pauline Stringer flirt together in the factory after their night together. Arnold gives Tracy a hamster which she calls "Conky". Emily breaks a date with Mavis to go out with Arnold. Bet is touched when Annie shows understanding over Dan Johnson's departure. Eddie discovers the Ogdens are ill and looks after them. Ivy wants the girls to have a shopping rota, Pauline agrees the idea without asking Mike. Eddie moves into No.13 to keep an eye on the Ogdens. Emily cooks Arnold a meal. They are both contented with each other.
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch (Credited as "Christobel Finch")
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride (Credited as "Dierdre Langton")
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Arnold Swain - George Waring
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Hallway and front bedroom
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- This Whit Bank Holiday Monday episode was transmitted at 7.00pm.
- TV Times synopsis: Hilda and Stan Ogden are in bed with flu and there are no prizes for guessing who is playing nurse-housemaid-and-cook for them. Will Mike Baldwin's supervisor Pauline Stringer grant the factory girls the perk they are seeking?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 11,850,000 viewers (8th place).
- The Granada Plus repeat of this episode on 30th April 1998 was edited for timing reasons, omitting a scene of 57" in the factory office where Mike Baldwin and Pauline Stringer flirt with one another, and the first 5" of the following scene in the Rovers, where Ken Barlow spots Albert Tatlock dining alone in the snug from across the bar.
|May 1980 episodes|
|← Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th
Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th →