Bet enjoys having a love nest with Dan Johnson in her flat. Rita gets tired of looking after Mavis and gets Albert to sit with her. He makes her feel worse. When Bet is an hour late for work, Annie warns her not to let her love life upset her working life again. Rita decides she's missed working at The Kabin and tells Len she wants to return permanently. She plans to supervise Mavis and Louise. Bet is upset when Dan has to return to London. Gail and Brian visit the Willow Crescent Estate and put the deposit down on a plot for a £16,000 house. Gail longs to live there. Ivy feels they're taking on more than they can afford, but Bert thinks they're doing the right thing by taking the risk.
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- The Kabin
- The Kabin flat - Bedroom
- Ludlow Avenue flat
- Willow Crescent Estate - Development site
- The Granada Plus repeat of this episode on 21st April 1998 was edited down for timing reasons and omitted a scene of 40 seconds in part two where Louise Clayton asks Rita Fairclough if she can leave early.
- TV Times synopsis: Rita's back in the Kabin with Mavis poorly upstairs. But how will she get on with young Louise Clayton?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,380,000 viewers (2nd place).
|April 1980 episodes|
|← Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th
Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th →