Renee is furious when Dan Johnson spends another night with Bet. The Coronation Street Secretarial Bureau opens. Deirdre deals with typing whilst Emily book-keeps. Bet is besotted with Dan. Emily takes a call from a Mr Bateman who wants to use the Bureau's services. She thinks she recognises his voice . When he calls round it is Fangio who has set up his own light haulage service and gives Deirdre typing to do - she is attracted to him but Emily is not pleased. Alf and Renee tell Bet that if she doesn't stop letting Dan stay the night she'll have to leave the flat. She is furious but refuses to give Dan up. She packs and leaves the flat. Hilda sees "money" in Stan's teacup and after hearing from Ivy and Vera that the jackpot at the bingo has reached £1,000, she tells him that they're going there tomorrow night. Betty takes Bet in for the night. Bet tells her that she feels sure Dan will take care of her.
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room
- Corner Shop - Shop, bathroom and landing
- 37 Hillside Crescent - Living room
- TV Times synopsis: The trouble between Bet Lynch and the Roberts' comes to a boil - and Bet is given an ultimatum. The Coronation Street Secretarial Bureau gets under way and Emily is surprised to find who one of their first customers is.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,572,000 viewers (5th place).
|April 1980 episodes|
|← Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th
Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th →