Deirdre throws a party for Tracy's third birthday. Lorna Ferguson helps Stan tidy No.13 as Hilda is returning. Len tells Elsie he's angry with himself for letting Rita slip through his fingers. Hilda, Vera and Ivy return from France. Hilda is suspicious as the house is so tidy. She gives Stan a model of the Eiffel Tower as a present. Len offers Rita's job at The Kabin to Elsie. She turns it down for Rita's sake. Fred tells Hilda he wants £3 from Stan. Mrs. Bolton walks out of the cafe, leaving Gail on her own. Elsie agrees to join the staff.
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- Jim's Cafe
- Annie Hulley makes a pre-Gwen Loveday appearance as Lorna Ferguson.
- TV Times synopsis: Will Elsie Tanner take Rita Fairclough's job at the Kabin - or will she accept an offer of work from Jim Sedgewick? The factory girls return from France, and Hilda Ogden discovers that something has been going on behind her back.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,650,000 viewers (8th place).
|January 1980 episodes|
|← Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th
Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th →