Len tells a gullible Hilda that Aspinall's are paying their girls' fares to France. Emily is unhappy when Jim Sedgewick installs a one-armed bandit in the cafe. He tells her that he means to make the place pay. Ivy is livid when Elsie appears in the sewing room to see Mike however he refuses to re-employ her as she walked out on the job. Elsie kids on to the girls that she'll be returning as supervisor. Rita is fed up with No.9 and Len's attitude towards her when he refuses her a new kitchen and structural changes to the house. She tells Len she's had enough. Ivy threatens Mike about Elsie returning - he tells her that she's not but tears a strip off Ivy for her attitude. The jukebox is installed in the cafe, annoying Emily. Hilda tells Vera and Ida about Aspinall's. Vera agrees to confront Mike. Gail tells Elsie that she might have got the job if Ivy hadn't wanted it as well. Rita packs and leaves Len.
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- Dawson's Cafe
- TV Times synopsis: Why does Rita Fairclough finally blow her top and walk out on husband Len? Will Mike Baldwin give Elsie Tanner her old job back - despite Ivy Tilsley's fierce opposition?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 18,050,000 viewers (2nd place).
|January 1980 episodes|
|← Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th
Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th →