Norman Mannion does Suzie's washing as a thank-you for putting him up. Hilda has £24.90 towards France. Hilda is horrified to see punk Norman next door. Mike is displeased when Suzie spends her time with Norman. As a wind-up Suzie tells Hilda that Norman is buying No.11. The Tilsleys have a double bed delivered for Brian and Gail. Mavis is depressed when Jack Walsh doesn't get in touch with her. Hilda wants to start up a petition to get Norman out of the Street. Suzie makes Norman wear more make-up to frighten the residents when she takes him into the Rovers but Annie realises he is well educated and gets on well with him. Ivy looks forward to Brian's return. Bert reminds her that he'll be with his wife.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Coronation Street - Main street view and ginnel
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room, back bedroom and yard
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen, hallway and yard
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and yard
- Ida Clough (Helene Palmer) is credited but doesn't appear.
- TV Times synopsis: Why is there bad feeling between Suzie Birchall and boss Mike Baldwin? Trouble for the Tilsleys when a marital bed for the newly-weds turns up.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,100,000 viewers (4th place).
Hilda Ogden (to Rita Fairclough): You'll be laughing the other side of yer faces when yer houses get devoluted."
|December 1979 episodes|
|← Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th
Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st →