Mike refuses to get involved in an exchange trip to Charleville as the machinists are too busy. Renee returns from her mother's. Suzie rouses Hilda into having a slanging match on the other side of the connecting wall to put buyers off No.11. Steve tells Ivy the Trades Council are organising a French exchange for five of the machinists. He realises he shouldn't have told her when it's too late. Suzie puts six buyers off the house. The factory girls challenge Mike about the French invite. He tells them he's been too busy to tell them. Paul Haines, the estate agent, rings Suzie to tell her that he's not happy with the way no one is interested in No.11. The machinists row over who's to go to France. Mike isn't happy with Steve's attitude.
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- First appearance of Ida Clough since 18th July 1979.
- TV Times synopsis: Renee Roberts returns home after leaving husband Alf and Bet Lynch alone together…and hears hints about goings-on behind her back. Meanwhile, it looks as if trouble is brewing at the factory.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,000,000 viewers (6th place).
|December 1979 episodes|
|← Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th
Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st →