Eddie takes possession of a metal detector. He plans to search for precious metals with it. Stan doesn't think it will work. Albert tells Eddie he found an old coin on his allotment once. Ena realises he's lying. Billy persuades Deirdre to go out with him. She lets Emily believe she's going out with Ken. Hilda complains of backache. Albert gives Eddie permission to look for treasure on the allotment. Ken calls on Emily whilst Deirdre is out. She is shocked that he's not with Deirdre. Albert tells Ena there's a lot of old nails in his allotment which Eddie's detector will pick up and will cause him to dig the allotment up for him. Billy reveals he wants a loan of £2,500 off Annie to buy a wine bar in St Helier. Deirdre thinks it's a good idea.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, back room and hallway
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room
- The Kabin
- TV Times synopsis: What plans has Eddie Yeats for his new metal detector? Billy Walker makes a date with Deirdre Langton - but the real motive for his visit emerges later.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,500,000 viewers (4th place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1970-1979, released on 25th July 2005.
|June 1979 episodes|
|← Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th
Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th →