Deirdre considers joining an evening class at the Community Centre. Elsie organises the refreshments for the party. Brian and Gail go to a used car lot run by Les Johnson where she is impressed by his knowledge. Alf has a brain scan and an electroencephalograph and is given the all clear. He's put on tranquillisers. Gail feels sorry for Suzie being on her own and invites her to the disco with her and Brian. Ken feels old at the disco. Gail doesn't like it when Brian shows off his dancing. She makes him dance with Suzie and they start to dance wildly. Alf tells Renee they're going to Benidorm next week. She is delighted. The dancers gather round Brian and Suzie's exhibition dance. Gail is not amused when he prefers dancing with Suzie to talking to her. She takes her engagement ring off and asks Deirdre to give it to Brian.
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop - Back room
- Community Centre - Committee room
- Dawson's Cafe
- Car lot
- This episode was transmitted at 6.30pm to allow for coverage of European Cup Winners' Cup Final football.
- TV Times synopsis: The disco floor is cleared when Brian Tilsley and Suzie Birchall dance together. But what will Gail Potter's reaction be?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,250,000 viewers (1st place).
|May 1979 episodes|
|← Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th
Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th →