Ivy tells Brian that Gail isn't right for him. Eddie makes a coop for the hens in the backyard of No.13. Rita tells Derek she doesn't want the chocolates Mavis ordered. She feels they won't sell. He tells her that he'll lose the prize of a weekend for two in Paris. She feels blackmailed and agrees to keep the chocolates. Ivy is annoyed that Brian is missing night school to be with Gail. Bert tells her not to interfere in the relationship. Gail tells Brian she thinks they should finish because of all the trouble they're causing. Brian thinks Ivy will get over it. He suggests they get engaged and she happily agrees. Stan tells Eddie to get the hens moved, fearing Hilda's reaction. Derek wins the third salesman prize - a canteen of cutlery. Mavis expects him to give it to her for her help but he's giving it to his mother. Brian and Gail tell Ivy they're engaged.
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Coronation Street - Ginnel
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and yard
- Corner Shop
- Viaduct Garage
- Builder's Yard - Office
- Mrs. Shaw (Sue Russell) is credited but does not appear.
- TV Times synopsis: Brian Tilsley has problems when his mother tries to break up his romance with Gail Potter.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,450,000 viewers (2nd place).
|April 1979 episodes|
|← Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th
Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th →