The Tilsleys move into No.5. Ivy demands Bert and Brian keep the house tidy. Brian refuses to get in contact with Gail. Hilda offers Stan's window cleaning services to Ivy but she refuses, thinking she can do a better job. Paul Stringer buys Suzie a new dress and asks her to wear it on a date with him. She feels tired of going out with him every night. Suzie tells Gail she should forget about Brian and join her on the tiles. Students Harvey Stone and Josie Clark sell rag-mags in the Rovers. Rita tells them that if they want someone to kidnap they should choose Bet.
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Bert Tilsley - Peter Dudley
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Ron Mather - Joe Lynch
- Paul Stringer - John Collin
- Ralph Lancaster - Kenneth Watson
- Frank Elliott - Bobby Pattinson
- Harvey Stone - Martyn Hesford
- Josie Clark - Lesley Nightingale
- Singer - Patricia Roe
- Backing Group - The Dennis Kelly Trio
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Gatsby Club
- Future scriptwriter on the programme, Martyn Hesford, appears before the cameras as student Harvey Stone.
- TV Times synopsis: Despite Elsie Tanner's warnings, Suzie Birchall continues her affair with a man old enough to be her father. The Rag Week students hatch a plot to kidnap someone in Coronation Street. Who will it be?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,750,000 viewers (5th place).
|February 1979 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|