Suzie tells everyone she's demonstrating perfume. Annie tells Betty she's disappointed with the way she allowed Fred to carry on in her absence. Suzie feels daft dressed as a chef. Ted Thomas tells her she must have faith in the sausage that she is demonstrating. Hilda considers buying No.5 but Stan isn't keen. Brian wants Gail to meet his parents but she isn't keen. She tells him he'll have to tell Ivy he's seeing her. Hilda sees Suzie demonstrating in the supermarket and tells Elsie and Gail that she's cooking sausages. Suzie is embarrassed when Elsie and Gail turn up in the aisles and laugh at her. Brian and Gail babysit for Deirdre. Their kissing is interrupted as Tracy wakes up and cries. Ivy calls at No.5 to talk to Deirdre and finds Brian and Gail together. She is annoyed to find they're an item. Ivy tells Brian she wants to buy the house.
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Dawson's Cafe
- Unnamed Supermarket on Victoria Street
- Both Frank Bebbington (George Selway) and Alec Young (Max Smith) were credited but neither appeared in the episode.
- TV Times synopsis: Suzie Birchall boasts that her new job is demonstrating French perfume in a large store. But Hilda Ogden lets it be known that she is working in a supermarket - demonstrating a fancy new type of sausage. Deirdre Langton throws a little party for her daughter Tracy's second birthday.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,150,000 viewers (2nd place).
|January 1979 episodes|
|← Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th
Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st →