Hilda is horrified that Stan has put £1 of change into the one-armed bandit. She refuses to let it leave No.13 whilst it has their money. Stan feeds the bandit with the gas and electricity money but still doesn't win the jackpot. The residents try to put the girls off London. Gail begins to worry that they're making a wrong move. Bet uses the bandit when she calls into No.13 for a catalogue and wins the jackpot. Hilda demands her £6 back but Bet says the money's hers as she won it. Eddie takes the bandit away. The Ogdens can't watch television as Stan took the plug off and put it on the bandit so he could use it. The electric goes off and they haven't any money left for the meter - they have to sit in darkness. Gail gets cold feet about London so Suzie goes on her own.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- TV Times synopsis: How will Stan Ogden face his wife Hilda when she finds he has been robbing her? Suzie Birchall gives Elsie Tanner and Gail Potter a shock.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,823,000 viewers (3rd place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1970-1979, released on 25th July 2005.
|December 1978 episodes|
|← Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th
Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Wed 27th →